ISABEL BECKER – ‘Fabric Play Arts’
Isabel Anchin Becker of Sarasota, Florida developed this form of fabric use for pictures after many years of sewing clothing and quilting and then reading a cloth children’s book to her grandchildren. She uses fabric, thread and a sewing machine with some commercial fabrics and more recently, she converts her photographs into the fabric which she uses. The pictures are framed to hang.
Mrs. Becker is an active member of the Fine Arts Society of Sarasota, enjoys the Sarasota Ballet, and is a member of the board of the Jewish Housing Council Foundation of Sarasota where she teaches watercolor painting to the residents at Kobernick House independent living and those at assisted living at the Anchin Benderson pavilion. Also, she has established the annual art exhibit for residents of The Landings.
Fabric Play Arts is a collection of one of a kind fabric pictures which become an exhibit. Themes change according to what inspires the artist…recent travel, fabric, just an idea, nature, requests from clients.
- April 17 – May 25, 2017, Art & Cultural Alliance of Sarasota Lobby, Isabel Becker
Sarasota , Florida:
- Art Center Sarasota and Venice
- Art and Frame
- Art and Cultural Alliance
- The Landings Solo and Residential Exhibits
- AltmanVoigt Gallery at Venice Art Center
- Chase Park, Scarsdale – chair
- Martucci Gallery, Irvington Library Solo Exhibit
- Rye Free Reading Room, Solo Exhibit
- Greenburgh Nature Center
Artist Studio Tours:
- Matters of the HeART, Westchester County
- River Arts, Dobbs Ferry
- Incline Village, NV
- Dobbs Ferry Woman’s Club Beaux Arts
- Scarsdale Art Association
- Rye Art Association
- Katonah Woman’s Club Beaux Arts